An event planner service that starts with YOU!
It takes hundreds of hours to plan and execute a major event. If you’re adding the responsibility on top of your regular job, it can be overwhelming. Often times, people who come to us aren’t entirely aware of what we do. Though there are so many details involved in planning an event, such as budgeting, contract review and troubleshooting we’ve narrowed it down to 3 main benefits of hiring an event planner.
Quickly source vendors, items and venues.
Working with an event planner service means that you will be presented the best options based on the things that are important to you. Your ultimately going to choose what is right for you based on those factors. You can still focus on the fun stuff, the brainstorming, the discussions and the creative without being responsible for the admin work.
While you’re working, we’re working for you
Doing the legwork on client’s behalf is our thing. Hiring the service means we keep your “to-do” list short and become accountable for your event. When your done your regular job, your done because we are on top of the event.
1 Point Person
Planning any important event often means bringing in many independent people to work together for a common purpose. Many times, these people are unfamiliar with your needs and each other. Hiring an event planner service means that you explain your needs to 1 person, instead of several parties. From there, the event planner will help all people involved become familiar with your needs as well as with the requirements of the job.
Want to learn more from JPE? Contact Us Here.
Photo by Ballad Photography
When looking for your event venue…
There are important items that need to be taken into consideration. Other than capacity, parking and accommodations, you’ll want to ask these 3 questions BEFORE booking your event venue.
Your venue is typically your largest expense. With that known, before you pull the trigger, it’s a good idea to find out answers to the following questions. With a better idea of the ins and outs of your potential venue, you will feel more comfortable about booking that large expense:
- Pricing: Is there a flat room rental fee? Do you bill by the hour or by the day? Are there discounts for certain dates or times? If I’m ordering food and beverage, is the room rental fee waived?
- How many events are taking place at the same time as mine? Perhaps you want to be the only event on the scene that day. If there is a second event, additional signage may need to be accounted for to avoid confusion for your guests.
- Will I be working with the same person throughout my event planning? If not, when can I meet the person I will be working with and will it be the same person on the day of my event? In some venues, if the turnover of staff is high, there’s a reason for it so be mindful of this.
Once you pull the trigger on booking your event venue, there will be LOTS of details to work out. Typically, communication will cease for a bit until your event nears. That being said, for your planning purposes, it’s important to find out the answers to the questions below right after you book:
- What are my setup and tear-down times? Can I come in the day before to set up or sound check? Do I have to have everything removed that day or can I come back the next day?
- Can I be introduced to the individual who will be present at the venue on the day of my event?
- Can you send me sample floor plans of how previous clients set up the rooms?
- Is there anything else I should know about the space? For example, if there is a large section of the space with floor-to-ceiling windows, where does the sun rise and set? Will that affect my event and/or my photos?
Events and weddings are so much fun and we absolutely LOVE what we do! Monday to Friday we go on site visits, find new venues and experience new spaces on behalf of our clients. If it’s a venue you’re interested in, likely we’ve planned an event there and we have the inside scoop! Have a question, Contact Us to ask.
We’re so happy to share some insider information about planning with you but for those of you who need some professional assistance, let us know!
Over at JPE, we LOVE engagement photos and these engagement photos taken in Oakville definitely pull on our heart strings. Partly because we’ve know the couple for so long and partly because they remind us of a Royal Couple. Honestly, when I first saw these photos, I immediately thought these two looked like celebrities. It doesn’t get much better looking 😉
Photographer Steph Martyniuk from White Spruce Photographytagged along as these two took their adorable pup for a stroll through Bronte Park in Oakville. We’re big fans of the images for two reasons: 1. the environment and natural surroundings are stunning and 2. the simplicity of the backgrounds allow these two and their adorable interactions take center stage.
Congrats to Renee and Matt! Thanks for letting us share. We simply CANNOT WAIT for May 27 at The Burroughes!! Oh man
Honestly … Cannot handle what went down last night. Ringing in the New Year with this couple, these guests and at this party was truly amazing. Sarah and Mark – you guys threw an EPIC NYE bash and you looked stunning. It was obvious by the love and genuine happiness that filled that room, you two are meant to be. Thank you for letting us be a part of this new chapter in your lives. It was truly a privilege.
Winter | | Elegant and FUN!